January 26, 2011

A 4 year old's joke.

So my 4 year old has been telling "jokes" for about a month now.  I use the word jokes loosely because to this point he's just been making stuff up like:
Knock knock
who's there?
Silly Willy
Silly Willy who?
(Him laughing) Silly Willy you!

But the other day while I was laying in bed sick he came in & told me this joke:
Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide.

As sick as I was, I had to laugh!  It was super corny & I was super sick but he remembered the punchline to a real joke instead of making it up.  :-)  Who did I have to thank for the joke?  He said he got it off the Backyardigans (yes- the TV was my babysitter while I was sick in bed).  So thank you Backyardigans for teaching Big Thrift his first real joke and being able to make his sick momma laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment