April 29, 2011

♥ Breast Cancer Fundraiser ♥

Yesterday I lost a sweet friend to breast cancer.  She was "to young for breast cancer" and left behind two little girls who chances are, will one day have to fight the same battle their mother did.  I know many other people who are in the same battle or have loved ones who are.  This awful disease touches everyone either directly or indirectly.  It's time we change that! 
I know times are tough, gas prices are going up and mother nature has been relentless the past few weeks but if you are in any way able to donate I urge you to.
Another friend of mine has the breast cancer gene in her family & they are participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Walk in September.  All funds raised go to breast cancer research.  Her link is here if you would like to donate.  You can use the Momma Thrift name or donate in honor of someone you know/knew with breast cancer. 



I was not paid for this post or my opinion.  I know there are so many forms of cancer out there.  I'm just trying to protect the moms, daughters, wives, sisters, aunts and friends out there.  Hopefully a breast cancer cure will be found quickly and the research will lead to other cancer cures/ detection abilities quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment