January 11, 2011

About Momma Thrift

Who is Momma Thrift & why should you care?
Thank you for taking your time to read my blog so let me introduce myself.

My name is, well, just call me Momma Thrift.  I've been a stay at home momma for 4.5 years now.  I have been married to my husband Daddy Thrift for 8 years and we have 2 sons.  Big Thrift is 4.5 years old and Little Thrift is 3.  Our Angel Thrift is in Heaven watching over us and would be turning one soon. 

We have 3 crazy labrador retrievers who are as spoiled as our 2 legged babies!  Needless to say, my house is NOT always clean or organized but that's OK- I love my crazy world and I am enjoying it while I can.

When I do get something called free time I like to do crafts.  A little of this & a little of that, it just depends on my mood or what project I am working on.  We also like to hunt and fish (we eat everything we kill & that is where most of our meat comes from.), play outside and go to the beach.

Since we live on one income, I had to learn how to cut cost, stretch a dollar and get creative.  I started with coupons but never imagined they would bring me this far!   As I learned more about coupon usage, I was able to stockpile items like toilet paper, shampoo, deodorant, razors, toothpaste & food for pennies each.  I have been able to share my stock with my family, friends, neighbors, church and local food banks.

I love saving money but even better than just saving money is making money!  Did you know you can make money with coupons?  YES!  I love showing people how to use coupons & get good deals.  I realized though that I end up repeating myself a lot & wanted to put things in one place for reference.  I figured some of my facebook friends would unfriend me if I kept posting about coupons (apparently some of them are so rich they can't be bothered with coupons or sales codes!) so I created a blog.  Since I'm already sharing the blog with my friends & family, what would be a few extra online followers? *GRIN*

No comments:

Post a Comment